Tuesday, 2 June 2026

「だけ」 vs 「しか」

 1. 「だけ」 

  • 後ろに「ふつうの文(肯定・こうてい)」がつづきます。ただ数を限定(げんてい)するときに使います。

  • Followed by a positive sentence. It simply means "only" or "just" to limit the amount.

📝 例文 (Example):

  • 休みが3日だけあります。

  • I have only 3 days' holiday.

2. 「しか」 

  • 後ろに必(かなら)ず「〜ない(否定・ひてい)」が来ます。「もっとたくさんほしいのに、少なくて残念(ざんねん)だな」という気持ちが入ります。

  • Must be followed by a negative sentence (~nai). It expresses a feeling of regret or insufficiency ("only," "nothing but," or "as few as").

📝 例文 (Example):

  • 休みが3日しかありません。

  • I have only 3 days' holiday (and I wish there were more / that's not enough).


⚖️ くらべてみよう! (Comparison)

 言葉 (Word)後ろの形 (Sentence Ending)ニュアンス (Nuance)
 〜だけあります  (Positive)



客観的(ただその数があるだけ)


Objective (Just stating the fact)      

 〜しかありません  (Negative)



主観的(少なくて不満・残念)


Subjective (Feeling it's not enough)

 

💡 先生からのワンポイントアドバイス(Teacher's Tip): 

「100円だけあります」は、「さいふに100円が入っている」という事実(じじつ fact)だけを言っています。 「100円しかありません」と言うと、「あぁ、これじゃ何も買えないよ、こまったな」という気持ちがつたわります。

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Marugoto A1 Topic 1-5 カタカナ の ことば

These are the katakana words that appeared in Marugoto A1 Topics 1–5. Let's practice reading all of them.